where in kernel is conntrack-matching done?

hi.

we had recently a problem where we first thought, that there's a problem
with conntrack, but it was our fault by mis-reading packets...

nevertheless we've not found the kernel-method, where a packet is
matched against current conntrack-list.

to limit possible answers, we want to start with an UDP-packet.

does anyone have a hint, where to look in kernel to better understand,
what is happened there with a certain packet? where does it enter
conntrack-checking? where is checked, if it's a new connection or if it
matches an existing one?

thanks a lot.

regards

dbg.