Filtering and counting traffic based on the ethernet address

Hello,

I'd like to be able to filter and count the traffic caused by hosts
with known ethernet addresses. But my attempt to use a
ether_addr->counter name map with ether saddr & daddr failed, only
counting the part coming from the host, but ignoring everything the
host receives:

chain FORWARD {
                type filter hook forward priority 0; policy accept;
                iifname "lan0" counter name ether saddr map @internet_test
}

chain POSTROUTING {
                type filter hook postrouting priority 300; policy accept;
                oifname "lan0" counter name ether daddr map @internet_testb
}

Any help to accomplish this would be highly appreciated.

Cheers,
Jonathan