Re: Trying to provision flowtable returns error

Martin Gignac <martin.gignac@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Florian,
>
> OK, I understand now.
>
> - on RHEL/CentOS 8 I *was* using existing network interfaces, but
> there are *no* nf_flow kernel modules available, and
> - on Fedora 30/33 there *are* nf_flow kernel modules available, but I
> was *not* using existing interface names
>
> Both cases give off the same error message, which confused me.

Yes, I agree its confusing. In first case its because module isn't found and
in second case its the interface names that could not be found.

> In Fedora the systemd
> unit file for the nftables.services states that nftables should start
> before the network.pre-target:
[..]

> At this stage Network Manager hasn't even begun to initialize, much
> less create any logical interfaces.

Sure.  I think the systemd default is sane though.

> Or is there another way that I am not seeing?

Can't nm execute some action when an interface comes up?
That way you could just add the flowtable later.