Rule Count limit

Hi,

I couldn’t find much information about the limitation on adding number of rules.

I tried adding around 26000 rules and starting seeing this message :

Unable to update the kernel. Two possible causes:

1. Multiple ebtables programs were executing simultaneously. The ebtables

   userspace tool doesn't by default support multiple ebtables programs running

   concurrently. The ebtables option --concurrent or a tool like flock can be

   used to support concurrent scripts that update the ebtables kernel tables.

2. The kernel doesn't support a certain ebtables extension, consider

   recompiling your kernel or insmod the extension.

There is Free RAM while swap is fully used.

Kernel : 3.10.0-957.5.1.el7.x86_64

ebtables.x86_64 2.0.10-16.el7

--
Regards,