synproxy with NAT

Hello,

does anybody have an example of using synproxy with NAT, especially docker containers?

I tried putting this statement in my forward chain, but then nothing gets through:

  chain forward {
    type filter hook forward priority -1
    tcp dport 443 synproxy mss 1460 wscale 7 timestamp sack-perm
    ct state invalid drop
    policy accept
  }

I would imagine it makes most sense to put it in the prerouting chain, so it's applied before NAT, but that is apparently not allowed.

Any pointers appreciated.

Thanks,
Devin