Snapped nftables

Hi all,

I've been using nftables for a few years now and i suppose I'm not the
only person where who was ran into various bugs due to rather old
versions of the nftables CLI distributed with Linux distros.

Rather than compiling it from a binary, I've created a Snap package*
with the latest version of nftables that should work on any Linux
distribution. You can find the nftables-pk** package on Snap store
https://snapcraft.io/nftables-pk and install it using "snap install
nftables-pk". Note that it's not a drop-in replacement for a .deb or
.rpm - for examples config files need to be placed in a special jail
directory. Other than that I've been using it in prod environments for
the last few months and it works like a charm.

* for those who haven't seen Snaps yet, it's a self-contained binary
distribution format that comes with all dependencies (.so libraries etc)
bundled. It also comes with very strict binary confinement (using
seccomp and AppArmor), which is the reason for changed config location.

--
Paweł Krawczyk
+44 7879 180015