Re: How can I block all traffic from an IP range, irrespective of origin, going to, or coming from, using nftables in Debian 10

@zrm  thank you so much for the reply.

(1) Would it be something like this:

:::::
chain output {
                type filter hook output priority 0; policy accept;

                ip daddr 123.0.0.0/8 ct state established,related,new,invalid,untracked counter reject
    }
:::::

Because just last night I tried that, but I could still see IPs from the blocked range. Or am I missing something here.

Note: In this OUTPUT chain, if I change: "policy accept" to "policy drop", I lose the internet completely.

(2) In addition to the OUTPUT chain, I've added this into INPUT chain too:

:::::
chain input {
                type filter hook input priority 0; policy drop;

                ip saddr 123.0.0.0/8 ct state established,related,new,invalid,untracked counter drop
    }
:::::

So how should I modify the either or both of the above please... many thanks.