ipt to nft

Dear all,
since i've updated to Debian Buster i've noticed a significant increase when applying around 1000 iptables rules on my corporate fw. Guess its time to change to nft ...

I used the iptables-restore-translate tool and run the result using nft with the -f option
which works with no errors.

However, i'd like to use nft on the shell and there are a few commands which do not apply
Does anybody know why?

Again, those command templates are the result of iptables-restore-translate .

# nft add table ip nat
# nft add chain ip nat PREROUTING { type nat hook prerouting priority -100\; policy accept\; }
nft: invalid option -- '1'

# nft add chain ip nat OUTPUT { type nat hook output priority -100\; policy accept\; }
nft: invalid option -- '1'

# nft add table ip raw
# nft add chain ip raw PREROUTING { type filter hook prerouting priority -300\; policy accept\; }
# nft: invalid option -- '3'

# nft add chain ip raw OUTPUT { type filter hook output priority -300\; policy accept\; }
nft: invalid option -- '3'

Any help would be great, thx Matt