Re: Lightweight ipset API?

On 8/23/19 3:51 AM, Kadlecsik József wrote:
- Also, you could use libmnl directly. In the libmnl source tree there's
   an examples/ subdirectory to start with. Pablo wrote a nice article
   about netlink and libmnl:
   https://people.netfilter.org/pablo/netlink/netlink-libmnl-manual.pdf
   However, on top of that you must follow the ipset protocol which is not
   documented: the lib/PROTOCOL helps a bit but it's just a bare skeleton.

József -

Thanks so much for your helpful response!

After my original mail, I stumbled across a proposed patch to dnsmasq
which does pretty much exactly what I'm looking to do:

http://lists.thekelleys.org.uk/pipermail/dnsmasq-discuss/2013q1/006883.html

With Pablo's article, I was then able to get error checking working.
The result is a simple test program, which seems to do the job:

https://pastebin.com/0KcPCKuC

Thanks!

Ian Pilcher                                         arequipeno@xxxxxxxxx
-------- "I grew up before Mark Zuckerberg invented friendship" --------