Traffic shaping and accounting using nftables (ISP scenario)

Hello,
we are using nftables maps to assign classids to packets, so it can be later shaped by Linux TC subsystem. We do it like this:

	map deucalion {
		type ipv4_addr : classid;
		elements = { 1.1.1.2 : 2:2222, 1.1.1.3 : 3:3333 }
	}

we would also like to equip each element of this map with counters, so we know how much traffic each listed ipadress transmitted and received. Is this possible? Can we expect such feature in future? This is really crucial for nftables to be usefull in ISP grade bandwidth management.

We are trying to move from iptables based system, where every customer has own iptables rule with counters. We kinda managed to optimize this by generating complex ruleset to match as fast as possible using subsequent bisection, but using nftables would be much more manageable for us. If only we could do both, classification and accounting in single map.

So we can limit bandwidth (=internet speed), packet rate and account bandwidth consumed. All of these for individual IPs (customers). Any ideas how to do this in elegant way using nftables?

--
S pozdravem
Best regards