Re: transparent proxy question

Dk Jack <dnj0496@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Is my configuration correct? If so, why is my redirect rule that
> modifies the dest. port from
> 80 to 8080 not changing the port. Since my application is listening on
> 8080, could this be the
> reason my application is not seeing the traffic.

No.  TPROXY does not modify packet headers.

> If not, what else can
> I look at to debug this
> issue? Are there any other counters I can look at (or traces that I
> can enable) to determing
> where the packets are getting lost?

It looks like whatever problem you have is not related to netfilter.

The TRACE messages show that packets are redirected by TPROXY as the
rule matches and packet does end up in INPUT.

Can you check with tcpdump that a synack is sent?
If not, can you check that your bridge has the routing info needed to
reach the peer?