nftables controlling IPv6 and iptables controlling IPv4 (possible?)

Hello,

We have existing code which uses iptables. (legacy binaries)

This code is IPv4 only.

Now we are preparing to add support for IPv6 too.

But we also have plans to migrate to nftables in future.

So we are thinking if we can start with IPv6 controlled by nftables and IPv4 controlled by iptables?

It looks possible but we just want to make sure if there can be any chance that tables will interfere or conflict with each other? OR something unpredictable will occur?

Please guide,

Thank you

PS: currently we do not intend to use iptables-nft layer.

Amish.