Re: Writing a userland IP network crypto using netfilter mangling

I _suspect_ that you need to turn off the reverse path filter (rp_filter) and/or add routing table rules for your protocol number (99) that says the packets for $IPADDRESS protocol 99 are to be sent out $INTERFACE.

The reverse path filter is a simple check of "did this packet come in on the inteface I'd naturally use for a reply?

This test is right for many, many problems but it will trip up creative solutions to atypical problems.