Re: Deleting tables from included files causes a kernel BUG

On 16/01/2019 15:12, Florian Westphal wrote:
> I will push following patch to fix this:
Now it simply returns:

# nft -f rules.nft
rules.nft:21:1-26: Error: Could not process rule: No such file or directory
delete table ip testtable
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I have a question. Basically, when you create a table or a chain
you can use "add" or "create", and only the second option will
return an error if the table/chain you wanted to create already
exists. But in the case of deleting tables/chains, which don't
exist, there's only one option -- return an error. Maybe some
option could be added so it would just ignore the absence of
the table/chain you wanted to delete? It would ease some
scripting I think, like with the "add" variant while creating
stuff.

Of course, my main ruleset script doesn't trigger the kernel BUG
anymore, since it can't delete the not existing table now.

Do you want to dig deeper about that kernel BUG? I could send you
the ruleset if you want to target what actually causes the BUG.