Quotation marks and meta iif(name) interface names/indices

When specifying interfaces, is there a (style) consensus on when to
use quotation marks?

e.g.:
meta iifname "eth0"
meta iif lo

As I understand it, iffname expects a string, and iif an integer
(enum), but in the documentation I see either style being used.
`nft list ruleset` seems to print output with quotes around all interfaces.

Thanks,
Adrian