"jump" vs "goto" vs "call"

In programming "jump" and "goto" mean "do that and don't come back"; meanwhile "call" comes back via "return".

I think the world would be better if nftables were to implement "call" as identical to current "jump" in verdicts and such, and depricate the word "jump" all together.

It's always nagged at me a little that iptables can return from a jump. This is a piece of confusing baggage that should go away now before there's too much precedent in the new implementation.