nftables equivalent for ebtables BROUTING trick?

Hi,

I want to ask the same question as someone asked in
https://marc.info/?l=netfilter&m=150765632221919&w=4

I tried to set BROUTING-specific rules using both ntf and iptables
version of ebtables but didn't succeed.
nft says that
Error: unknown chain type broute
iptables responds with
table `broute' is incompatible, use 'nft' tool.

May be I misuse tools, I would like to be directed to the way I should
use them, I didn't find any information about that.
Is it planned to add support for broute chain in nft/iptables or it is
something that is and will be supported only by "native" ebtables?
Does netfilter/netlink interface allow to configure broute chain at
all or it is available only by get/setsockopt() used in ebtables?

Thanks