Fra: netfilter-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <netfilter-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> På vegne av Stefanie Leisestreichler
Sendt: mandag 15. oktober 2018 17.56
Til: netfilter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Emne: Module conntrack question

Hi.

I have I a general question about module conntrack.

Assumed I have a firewall rule allowing all -m conntrack --ctstate RELATED,ESTABLISHED packets.

Also assumed I have another firewall rule with a simple definition like -A INPUT -p tcp --dport 80 -J ACCEPT with no -m conntrack --ctstate NEW -j ACCEPT.

Will the traffic which wants to go to port 80 be identified as RELATED, even I did not use -m conntrack --ctstate NEW in my rule allow to talk to port 80?

Or will the traffic be rejected since the NEW package was not handled by -m conntrack initially?

Thanks
Stefanie