Connection tracking for bridge filtering with nftables

Hello,

I would like to make use of connection tracking for bridge filtering with
nftables, so I'm trying to find out what the current implementation status
of this functionality is.

The paper "Bridge filtering with nftables" [1] I found explains the status
as of Feburary 2016. Is this information still up to date?

My employer (Phoenix Contact Cyber Security in Berlin, Germany) is
considering to sponsor the development of this feature. Is it appropriate
to offer such a sponsorship on this list, or how should I approach this?

Thanks,
Martin

[1] https://www.netdevconf.org/1.1/proceedings/papers/Bridge-filter-with-nftables.pdf