possible bug: ip6tables rpfilter filters IPv6 link local traffic

[please cc me on replies, I'm not subscribed]

Link local traffic, i.e. traffic from fe80::/64 to the local fe80::/64
address is always routable on an interface. So why

ip6tables -w -A PREROUTING -i ppp+ -t raw -m rpfilter --invert -j DROP

does filter incoming DHCP6 traffic? This was not true for kernels up to
4.14.13, unknown state from then on and is filtered in 4.17.2.

This is not good. One needs to send an IPv6 multicast packet and
receive a link local unicast packet for DHCP6 on a ppp device to
acquire IPv6 interface data from the provider.
And as I do have more than one ppp provider interface ppp+ is used.
--
Andreas Steinmetz                       SPAMmers use robotrap@xxxxxxxx