Re: nft 0.8.2 - conntrack on ll with netdev

>> I am trying to conntrack with netdev on the link layer but it is
>> throwing this error -> " Error: Could not process rule: Protocol wrong
>> type for socket"
>>
>> There is nothing in the nft wiki or man page about this kind of error
>> and how to rectify it.
> Conntrack hooks at ipv4/ipv6 prerouting, so netdev family only
> supports stateless filtering.
> --
Then I am having trouble to understand how |netdev| is supposed to be
the ideal location to drop packets that result from DDOS attacks. Any
frame type with a drop policy in |netdev| appears to be blocked from
leaving the host (lo iface) either, since not making it into the
transport layer.  Hence any legitimate frame type utilized in a DDOS
attack  and dropped by a |netdev| policy would also not be able leave
the host.

What sort of irregular frame types are envisioned for blocking with