connlimit options and improvement

Hello

I'm new on this list and I'm not sure if this is the correct place to ask.

Currently I work on a private development for custom linux box with
custom load balancing and control rules and I was testing CONNLIMIT
module.

After stressing iptables on my system, it comes to my mind a question.

Why there's no option like "--connlimit-daddr-dport" (and all combinations).

When you load balance, you normally try to keep a number of concurrent
connections on each balanced server per service (aka per port).

I was checking connlimit source code but haven't found exactly where I
can code this new option to submit a patch.

Is there a way to request new features or is there anyone able to help
me on this?

Best regards