using flow offload for sip server

I have an nat'ed asterisk server behind a router using nftables. Now,
the router forwards all SIP traffic to the asterisk server. The
asterisk server uses the netdev ingress hook to accept a whitelist and
drop a blacklist.

 table netdev netdev1 {
set whitelist {
type ipv4_addr
flags interval
auto-merge
elements = { ........... }
}
set blacklist {
elements = {.............}
}
chain ingress1 {
type filter hook ingress device eth0 priority 0; policy accept;
ip saddr @whitelist accept
ip saddr @blacklist counter packets 8 bytes 4630 drop
}

On the asterisk server, there's a LOT of rtp traffic for each call,
mostly udp but some tcp.

As understand "flow tables" it would allow established flows to avoid
these checks. But I can't figure out how to set this up.

I would think I'd add a rule to the ingress1 chain ;

ip flowtables

The man page says

"Flowtables reside in the ingress hook"

but the lwn article referenced in the 0.8.4 announcement,

       table inet x {
                chain y {
                        type filter hook forward priority 0; policy accept;
                        ip protocol tcp flow offload counter

uses  filter table and the forward hook.

So is a SIP a good use case for flowtables ? And if so, how ?

sean