Helper not working "No such file or directory"

Hi.
I'm struggling a bit with helpers and can't get them working. I'm using
this simple script from wiki:

#!/usr/sbin/nft -f

table ip ipv4_mangle{

    # Helpers
    ct helper ftp_std{
        type "ftp" protocol tcp
    }

    # PREROUTING chain in filter hook
    chain fl_prerouting{
        type filter hook prerouting priority 0;

        tcp dport 21 ct helper set "ftp_std"
    }
}

When I try to load script to nft, then I get this error:

Error: Could not process rule: No such file or directory
        tcp dport 21 ct helper set "ftp_std"
        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Just before loading script, I have executed following command: "echo 1 >
/proc/sys/net/netfilter/nf_conntrack_helper"

I'm running nftables 0.8.2 and kernel 4.14.32

I have tried lsmod | grep nf_conntrack_helper and I get nothing, meaning
this module is not loaded. I have investigated a bit, and apparently
nf_conntract_helper is built as a part of kmod-ipt-core which I do not
use. I'm trying to build pure nftables firewall without any iptables
components. On the other hand, I have nf_conntrack_ftp module loaded,
but it does not help.

Where can be the problem? How to use helpers without having iptables
components installed?