defining new RELATED associations

Is there any way to define a RELATED association between two protocols?

For example, some (silly, IMHO) IRC servers require Identd to be
functional on the IRC client (for as little value that Identd provides,
but let's not debate that here).  I'd like to create a rule on my
firewall that expresses that RELATED association.

So if an IP address in the "LAN" side of the firewall makes a
connection to a target IP address:IRC port on the WAN side, then Identd
should be allowed from that target IP address to the Identd port on the
LAN client.  IOW, relating Identd with IRC.

Is this possible in any manner more straight-forward than connection
marking (which I am sure could solve the problem)?

Cheers,
b.