Symmetric / Asymmetric Connection Tracking

In the Conntrack Tools Manual at
http://conntrack-tools.netfilter.org/manual.html, there is this quote:

" On the other hand, the asymmetric scenario may work if your setup fulfills
several strong assumptions."

I think I almost have the 'several strong assumptions' fulfilled, but  ...
was wondering if those assumptions could be enumerated?

I have refactored my network design to make use of the 'symmetric path
routing' as much as I can.  But there are a few connections, which, if I can
make 'asymmetric multi-path routing' work, that would make my day.

Any comments or suggestions or clarifications on the 'assumptions', or
changes in thinking since that document was written?  I am using nftables
commands to build my structures and would like to use the conntrackd tools
to sync state.

--
Raymond Burkholder
https://blog.raymond.burkholder.net