Re: conntrack and NAT rules behaviour on return path

Thanks,
so there lies the catch.
If a rule is "breaking" an existing conntrack entry, it may then not be applied.
So when the return packet comes in, the conntrack table gets inspected at the very first, if a match is found, and if there is a conflicting NAT rule that would alter the entry, thus possibly breaking the connection, this rule gets simply bypassed or ignored ?
Did I understand right ?
That was my missing point. There is some analysis done which explains the result of the lab.

Thanks for your help