[nftables][ipv6] Header examination

In reading the nft man page and the wiki, it is not clear if the 'nexthdr' examines *all* of the header chain, or only the next header in particular.

As one specific use case, I would like to block all packets which contain next-header values of 43, 135, or 201, no matter where in the header chain they occur.

Can someone confirm or deny if the straightforward

   ip6 nexthdr 43 drop

will scan the complete header chain for *any* header 43?

In general, is such a nexthdr search robust to multiple instances of the same header type, even such a packet is arguably malformed?  Namely, will it scan *all* of the headers that potentially match, including further qualification of the match past the header type?

Related is how can I inspect the *contents* of a header and its options?

I don't immediately see a way to, for example, select a packet based on it having a specific Router Alert option value set.

I also would like to ensure that Pad1 and PadN options do not harbor a backchannel; no payload (looks like 'length' covers part of this), padding is all zeros, no more than five bytes of padding, no more than one Pad1/N option.  Yes, I realize that such packets are "wrong" -- that is exactly why I want to block them.

On a side note -- If anyone else is wondering why the locally generated man page isn't being installed, apparently the docbook2x package is required or the generation of the man page is silently skipped.

Thanks,

Jeff Kletsky