Re: Unable to create set -- neftilter v0.5 on Ubuntu

Hi Jeff,

The error is being caused because a table that does not explicitly state it's protocol type is assumed to be of type ip.  In this case, we need to include "inet":

nft add set inet global some_addrs { type ipv4_addr \; }

There are no gotchas with building the nft user-land tool against kernel 4.4.  I have it built on a Ubuntu Server 16.04.03 LTS box which has a kernel of 4.4.0-92.

If you are building on Ubuntu Server, make sure to grab the build tools:

sudo apt-get install bison flex binutils build-essential autoconf libtool pkg-config

...and then follow the build steps from the wiki.

One little caveat - once you build libmnl and libnftnl, be sure to run:

sudo ldconfig

...and then build the nftables code.

To check for a proper install, check the version of nft:

nft -v
nftables v0.7 (Scrooge McDuck)

Regards,

- J