Re: Hairpin NAT - possible without packet marking?

On Tue, 04 Jul 2017 07:48:36 +0200
K <netfilter@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> What do all the locks in the world help when you invite the burglar in for tea? In other words: most IT departments have the incoming traffic pinned down as you described, but a single executable disguised as a clip of a cute kitty, downloaded and executed by any employee is what nowadays forms the real threat.

And that's why I maintain that SSL/TLS is the one of the worst things that could've happened to The Internet: our peripheral firewalls are powerless to prevent malware from traversing conns encrypted with SSL/TLS.

Neal