Fwd: Accept nftables statement doesn't prevent lower priority chains for same hook from execution

Hi!

Suppose you have 2 basic chains for the same hook(e.g. filter input)
where first chain has higher priority(executed first) than second.
Currently it looks like that if packet is "accept"ed in the first
chain second is still executed and can "drop" _already accepted_
packet. On the other hand "drop" prevents execution of furhter chains
(i.e. an already dropped packet can't be accepted in lower-priority
chain).

My question is: are "accept" and "drop" terminal statements
asymmetrical by design in nftables?

If so this looks very strange to me and makes layered firewall
configuration (e.g. lowest priority chain blocks everything and higher
priority chains selectively open ports for specific services) much
more cumbersome than needed. Or I just missing something obvious?

Thx in advance!