Re: using PREROUTING to change destination

On Tue, Mar 14, 2017 at 11:36 AM, André Paulsberg-Csibi (IBM
Consultant) <Andre.Paulsberg-Csibi@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Maybe better word for most people would be "final destination" , and not real .
> ( but real is the actually the "real" destination for THAT rule where clients will be sent ,
>  not the actual target the client originally tried to reach and "think" it is still reaching )
>
> For the termination I would say yes , because "you" decide where it terminates so if you are asking I will
> assume you are using an out of the box PROXY which would typically make new connections in the "backend" from its own source IP .

Hi André ,

Thanks for the reply.

I understand from your reply that REDIRECT rule for the destination
port will change the destination port, so that the real
destination(="final destination") is in the packet header  (and there
is no memory for the original destination any where else).

Thanks,
Ran