RE: Configure conntrack and understand timestamp

Hi !

Thanks for your reply.
Made me thinking.
Came never to the idea, the module is not loaded,
because there were no error message for the kernel
configuration and also, if I issue:
$ echo 1 > /net/netfilter/nf_conntrack_acct
as this is a file in the filessystem ....

Ok, tried your recommendation, and started creating
$ /etc/modprobe.d/netfilter.conf
conatining the mdule. But these dont
work. Then I came to the idea, that I even have
probably to rebuild $ update-initramfs -u
but this dont build and issues a lot of error
messages about this line:
"options nf_conntrack acct=1 tstamp=1"
with or without options. I found a bug about
this and gave up.

But I was able to add it to modules, but while booting, I get:

systemd[1]: Starting Load Kernel Modules...
systemd-modules-load[5938]: Failed to find module 'nf_conntrack acct=1
tstamp=1'
systemd[1]: systemd-modules-load.service: main process exited, code=exited,
status=1/FAILURE
systemd[1]: Failed to start Load Kernel Modules.
<
Nevertheless, modprobe and modinfo are woking .....
So, today, I added my sixt script to "rc.local" for the
things, not working out of the box :-(

BTW, this brought me to the idea, to solve an old problem
with iptables on my current firewall with the xt_condition
module: You are not able to write to:
$ echo 0 > /proc/net/nf_condition/sshok
before you made an iptables rule for it. This leads to
a very ugly organization of code. And yes, this module
loads, but creating a "door" (above: sshok) outside the
iptables script does not work :-(

I had contact to iptables environment more then 10 years
ago [Debian Lenny], but until today: It is horror to me.
This try today including all search cost me the whole day.
I need days to find out, what I need and in which order
and then, xt_??, nf_?? and so on ...

Very frustrated.
But anyway, thanks for your help!
Manfred