Re: Need module help

On Thu, Jan 12, 2017 at 07:29:31AM -0600, DOHC F22 wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 8, 2017 at 5:29 AM, Pascal Hambourg
> <pascal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> >> Yes.  Names in lowercase are match extensions, in this case,
> >> see:
> >>     iptables -m dscp -h
> >>
> >> UPPERCASE names indicate target extensions, so see this:
> >>     iptables -j DSCP -h
> >

> > Note that these modules also support the older tos match and
> > TOS target extensions respectively.
>
> I'm having trouble finding those modules for the exact
> iptables/kernel version.  Should I be more focused on matching
> the kernel version?  Is there some repository somewhere with
> modules to download?

No.  Well, *maybe* depending on distro, but the Linux kernel is
distributed by the upstream project (kernel.org) as source code.

Are you saying that those modules are not found on your system?  If
that's the case you're going to have to recompile your kernel with
all necessary options enabled.

BTW just about any distro kernel gets this right.  Only custom
kernels built by inexperienced people have problems like this.
(This issue is often seen on VPS systems where you don't control
your own kernel, too.)

I suspect a hefty amount of "XY question" is involved here, in
addition to a lack of background information.  Perhaps if you share
the background on what you're trying to accomplish, you can get the
kind of help you can use.
--
  http://rob0.nodns4.us/