"random" syn packets dropped

I am not sure if this is nftables related, but I post this issue here,
and see if any of you can
come up with a clue to what might be going on.

Problem description:

When I create multiple tcp connections from the same client to
multiple dst hosts at the same
time, the n'th syn packet seems to be just discarded by "something".
If I reorder the list of dst
hosts, a different dst host will hang in SYN_SENT.

What I am seeing on the firewall running kernel 4.8.1 is the following:

* the syn packet enters through the eth1.700 interface
* the packet does _not_ exit through eth1.300 interface as supposed to.
* nft trace monitoring shows the packet beeing accepted on eth1.300 in
postrouting.
* rp_filter etc should not be kicking in here, (and also, "random"
hosts are dropped)
* conntrack table is not full
* this issue seem to suddenly appeared, is this a known bug?

--
Bj(/)rnar