Re: IPSec, masquerade and dnat with nftables

On 18.10.2016 22:55, Florian Westphal wrote:
> Same as above, except that it would check sp->xvec[X], for a fixed (user
> defined) value of X, rather then searching all of sp->xvec[].
>
> Or, putting it differently, in 1) user providides data (ip address,
> spi, ...) and sp->xvec is the haystack we will search in.
>
> I expect most users and use cases are covered by this, rather than 2).
>
> For 2), user gives a policy index and tells us if they want saddr,
> daddr, spi or reqid and we will then copy it to a register.
>
> (Where another nft expression, e.g. cmp, can evaluate it)
>
> So 2) is only needed when exact matching of the entire policies
> is requested (--strict) mode.
>
> If you think we can go without strict, then only 1) is needed.
>
> The drawback is that 1) is very un-nftables like, but alas, I don't
> think we can avoid it.

well, I think being able to search all policies would be a nifty thing to have.
But sure, doing the first thing would be much better and more suitable as a
replacement for -m policy in nftables.

--

Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Kind Regards,
Noel Kuntze

GPG Key ID: 0x63EC6658
Fingerprint: 23CA BB60 2146 05E7 7278 6592 3839 298F 63EC 6658