Re: IPSec, masquerade and dnat with nftables

On 18.10.2016 11:39, Thomas Bach wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> Pablo Neira Ayuso <pablo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

>> > Did you find the root cause for this problem?
> Actually not. I worked around the issue by switching from the
> "ipsec-tools" package (i.e. static rules and keying done by hand) to
> strongswan. Now the whole setup works as intended with the rules being
> more or less the ones cited in my original post.
>
> It would be nice to know what the differences are on the package level
> between strongswan configured ipsec and the ones configured via
> ipsec-tools.

You'll have to figure that out by yourself, I don't know what racoon configures.
If racoon actually uses XFRM, the differences should only be the configuration
of the SAs.

--

Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Kind Regards,
Noel Kuntze

GPG Key ID: 0x63EC6658
Fingerprint: 23CA BB60 2146 05E7 7278 6592 3839 298F 63EC 6658