Re: Rule for PROTO=139?

On 06.09.2016 14:18, André Paulsberg-Csibi (IBM Consultant) wrote:
It is long time since I used WinXP , and Win7 - Win8 has passed and now WinX is the only thing
and most of their "garbage" packages was removed using the parameter in DHCP :
option netbios-node-type 0x2;
option wpad code 252 = text;
option wpad "\n\000";

( I cannot stop all their garbage , because they need it for their "sharing" tools )
But DHCP INFORM and HIP and other excessive BC I have not seen in my home for quite some time so I am pretty sure most is gone ...

IF that does not stop it - try to google it , if it is not possible you may just have to live with blocking it ...

ok due to this at the beginning of iptables

*filter
:INPUT DROP [0:0]
:FORWARD DROP [0:0]
:OUTPUT DROP [0:0]

and this  at the end of iptables

-A INPUT -j LOG --log-prefix "IP[IN]: " --log-level 7
-A FORWARD -j LOG  --log-prefix "IP[FWD]: " --log-level 7
-A OUTPUT -j LOG  --log-prefix "IP[OUT]: " --log-level 7

COMMIT

these pakets are already dropped but they are also logged and fill the log not neccessarily;

so somewhere between this rule

# Block HIP (Host Identity Protocol): prevent from logging
-A INPUT -i br0 -p hip -j REJECT

keeps from logging

Thanks,
Walter