RE: lots of ACKs for DPT=1433

Am 2016-08-08 13:14, schrieb André Paulsberg-Csibi:
I adjusted logs to keep only "smallest crital" data left :)

Hmm, I think I should filter that a bit. ;-)

From what I can see these logs show , you have 2 things happening :
the last from AUG 6 seem like a normal session that is no longer
responding ( maybe timed-out )

No outbound connections to TCP 1433 here, and no inbound either.

Maybe the attackers are looking for systems behind old non-stateful FW
who only block SYN packets and
allows any other flaged packets into their systems assuming they are "safe" ...
... most likely ( and you can try ) if you grep for
"SRC=109.170.163.174" you will most likely find
3-8 tries , and maybe 1 or 2 with SYN first .

Actually that have been 53 connections, berhaps because I am tarpitting instead of rejecting.

Olaf