Re: Fwd: Need guidance in - dropping incoming packets to a interface in a bridged network.

Hi Pascal,

Your suggestion has worked ..

$iptables -t filter  -I FORWARD  -m physdev --physdev-in eth2  -j DROP
(works ie.,  drops the incoming packets )

$iptables -t filter  -D FORWARD  -m physdev --physdev-in eth2  -j DROP
(undo / del the previous rule .. allows incoming  packets)

Could you please guide me .. How to send the (DROP) message via
setting the socket options (programmatically) ..
ie., in filling-up the ipt_replace/xt_entry_match/xt_entry_target
structure data structure / could you please point me to any simple
example of "physdev" match case .

Thanks a lot ,
Suman.