Advice please: de-masquerading from a qdisc?

Hello All,

First post and I'm very much in a position of not knowing what I don't know, so be relatively gentle if you can

So, the basic question first: Is it possible to access the NAT tables to de-masquerade a packet from a qdisc?

Longer question/background: I'm slightly involved in a qdisc AQM project (cake) that amongst other things has 'per host' flow grouping modes. Typically 2 qdiscs are instantiated, one on the WAN interface for egress traffic and another on a WAN IFB interface for ingress. This is all fine for IPv6, but in typical usage where IPv4 masquerading is involved, the only host the ingress qdisc sees is the router's public IPv4. Similarly the egress qdisc doesn't see the internal LAN addresses as it's all post NAT.

All I have in the qdisc is the skb...and it looks like the pointer to the nfct structure can help me but.....I'm really at the starting end of a learning vertical cliff. Where should I start reading? Can anyone offer any pointers?

Thanks for your time,

Kevin