How to persistently extend timeout of conntrack entry?

I have a session I would like to have a long timeout for, so I do the equivalent of this using the conntrack API:

conntrack -U -s 128.66.1.1 -d 128.66.2.2 -p udp --sport 1234 --dport 5678 -t 7200

This works fine to set the timeout to two hours, but as soon as there is any traffic the timeout is reset to the default (e.g. three minutes).

This could be a bug; new traffic should only extend the timeout, not reduce it.

But is there any workaround? Maybe some way to set the value the timeout will be assigned when there is new traffic, for only the one session?