Errors Compiling Software using iptables 1.6.0

Hello, I'm kinda new to this mailing list thing, so throw me some
slack if you could :)

I'm working on building a Linux From Scratch system, and I wanted to
use the ConnMan connection manager to control my networking. One of
the dependencies for ConnMan is iptables (more specifically xtables).
ConnMan seems to configure fine, but when I attempt to build it, I
receive the following errors:

 In file included from /usr/include/xtables.h:16:0,
                 from src/iptables.c:33:
/usr/include/linux/if.h:71:2: error: redeclaration of enumerator 'IFF_UP'
  IFF_UP    = 1<<0,  /* sysfs */
  ^
/usr/include/net/if.h:44:5: note: previous definition of 'IFF_UP' was here
     IFF_UP = 0x1,  /* Interface is up.  */
     ^
/usr/include/linux/if.h:72:2: error: redeclaration of enumerator 'IFF_BROADCAST'
  IFF_BROADCAST   = 1<<1,  /* __volatile__ */
  ^
/usr/include/net/if.h:46:5: note: previous definition of
'IFF_BROADCAST' was here
     IFF_BROADCAST = 0x2, /* Broadcast address valid.  */
     ^

This is only a short excerpt of the errors (the rest of them are
similar looking). As one person noted on the ConnMan mailing list, it
seems that xtables is pulls both 'linux/if.h' and 'net/if.h'. Perhaps
this is just a noob mistake, but is there some way to prevent this? I
have been building iptables using the following three commands:

./configure --prefix=/usr --sbindir=/sbin --disable-nftables
--enable-libipq --with-xtlibdir=/lib/xtables

make

make install

So, if there is any way to get around this issue, I would be indebted
to know what it is, or at least an idea on how to fix these build
errors. Just a few more notes, I am using Linux 4.5.0 and I am using
the systemd version of Linux From Scratch (though, I had the same
issue while trying the standard sysvinit LFS). Thanks!

--
Ted Moseley