Re: Failing to compile latest iptables from git

On 09.02.2016 22:16, netfilter-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hello list,

I'm trying to prepare a patch for iptables, but unfortunately I'm
failing to build it. I've done it many times before, but this time I
don't know what's wrong, so I hope for your assistance.

The ./configure step runs just fine. It stops at the make process with
this error:

   CC       libxt_connlabel.oo
   CCLD     libxt_connlabel.so
libxt_connlabel.oo: In function `connlabel_open':
/home/ellen/git/iptables.git/extensions/libxt_connlabel.c:40: undefined
reference to `nfct_labelmap_new'
libxt_connlabel.oo: In function `connlabel_mt_parse':
/home/ellen/git/iptables.git/extensions/libxt_connlabel.c:56: undefined
reference to `nfct_labelmap_get_bit'
libxt_connlabel.oo: In function `connlabel_get_name':
/home/ellen/git/iptables.git/extensions/libxt_connlabel.c:76: undefined
reference to `nfct_labelmap_get_name'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
[...]

Ok, I'm running into the same problem on fresh install of debian 8.3 (stable).
Only non standard libs are mnl netlink and conntrack.
This time I added the CPPFLAGS variable I previously forgot, but doesn't change anything.
pkg-config --list-all shows all the libs with correct versions.
I'm bit clueless, I must admit.

Looking for help, thank you
Mart