Re: OpenDPI and Netfilter

Am Mittwoch, 4. November 2015, 10:27:46 schrieb Laurent B.:
> Dear all,
>
> is there a way to connect netfilter/iptables with opendpi ? something
> like -m ndpi --dpi-protocol p2p -j DROP ?
>
> I saw the opendpi-netfilter project which seems to be no longer
> maintened and which do not compile with recent kernel.
>
> An idea ? If nothing is existing, do you think it can be useful to
> (re)develop such a connector ?
>
> Thank you,
>
> Laurent

Hi,

do not know exactly about opendpi, but about a year ago we tested the DPI
libraries of ntop-ng.

With some patching it works quite good with netfilter / traffic control. We wrote
down our finding in the German journal iX (https://shop.heise.de/katalog/tiefe-einsichten, sorry paywalled)

It works quite good.

Please mail me if you need more info.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,