Re: Masquerading with selectively open ports -- nftables

>>> CONFIG_NFT_MASQ=m
>>
>> Ahh, that might be it. The Arch build script is here [2] and I don’t see anything that looks like CONFIG_NFT_MASQ. I’ll recompile tomorrow and see where that leads us.
>
> this config option is from the linux kernel,

Sorry, my bad, should have recognized that. Turns out that I have another Arch box in which the masquerade keyword does not produce an error. Looks like different kernel modules are being loaded. While I’m investigating, I’m noticing that Arch does use slightly different options for its default kernel, specifically:

CONFIG_NFT_REDIR_IPV4=m
CONFIG_NFT_MASQ_IPV6=m

are both set (compared to the list sent by Arturo). I do not know what those mean, but I assume they won’t hurt?

Cheers,

Johannes.