nftables segv while trying to use nat redirection with map

I would like to do host redirection using nftables, and using maps for efficient host address lookup (thousands of entries). As a first step, I tried just natting the output from my laptop but the real use will be on the prerouting chain:
172.16.0.1 -> 8.8.8.8.
The following works as intended:
    nft add table nat
    nft add chain nat output { type nat hook output priority 0 \; }
    nft add rule nat output ip daddr 172.16.1.1 dnat 8.8.8.8
    ping 172.16.1.1

But I can't get it to work using maps - this causes a segmentation error:
    nft flush ruleset
    nft add table nat
    nft add chain nat output { type nat hook output priority 0 \; }
    nft add rule ip nat output dnat ip daddr map { 172.16.1.1 : 8.8.8.8 }
    nft list ruleset

I don't know if I just have the wrong syntax, if it's a bug in nft, or if it's just something I shouldn't be trying to do in the first place. I am using nftables 0.4 (ubuntu 15.10 beta) but had the same result on ubuntu 15.04.