Problems receiving UDP multicast traffic on bridge interface

Hey,

I'm trying to debug an issue where UDP multicast traffic isn't
properly reaching a UDP server daemon behind iptables. The issue
doesn't happen with iptables disabled.

The system is a virtual machine which has a br0 bridge interface
composed of 2 eths. The br0 interface has an IP address, while the
eths don't. It's a CentOS 6.2 server with iptables 1.4.7, ebtables
2.0.9 and kernel 2.6.32-220.el6.i686.

The input chain is set to drop by default, and I'm just adding one rule:
   -A INPUT -p udp -d 239.25.90.6 --dport 25906 -j ACCEPT

Now, as soon as I start the UDP server daemon, packets will flow
through iptables nicely, but only for some 4 mins and 20s (!approx,
not always exactly that). After that, no more packets are received in
the UDP server, and no packets are shown as being dropped in iptables
(as if the packets didn't arrive iptables).

It looks like the 4mins and 20s limit is to be counted from when the
UDP server daemon starts; if I add the routing rule e.g. 5 mins after
the UDP server starts, no traffic would flow. The UDP server daemon is
just binding to the multicast group and port, and joining the
multicast group operation (IP_ADD_MEMBERSHIP).

Interestingly, If I run a tcpdump on that interface while I'm testing,
the packets will always arrive iptables, pass the rule I added and
flow to the UDP server socket; i.e. traffic doesn't stop after 4mins
20s.

Any hint on what could be happening?

--
Aleksander