Re: What mean rules with no target? / counters

* f0rhum@xxxxxxx <f0rhum@xxxxxxx> [01.10.2015 06:11]:
> I read some relevant chapters of http://www.iptables.info but I could never find this.

a quick check in the documentation also makes me think,
this is missing or at least not explicitely mentioned.
I remember that i stumpled over this feature also by accident.

In short words: i you just want to count
bytes/packets and the packet should be processed further,
you omit the '-j TARGET' and so you just have a counter.
(most targets "eat" the packets, so they are not processed
in later rules)

# e.g.:
iptables -I INPUT -p udp --dport 53

lets you just count all incoming udp-DNS-packets.

bye, bastian