Netlink Events for iptables

Hello,

Is there any kernel patch available to generate netlink messages for events like add/modify/delete from iptables.

If there is none , will it at least be possible to try create one ?? . As I know there is no specific NETLINK family for iptables as such .

With all the generic nature that iptables provides is it a good approach to start from ground up by defining new NETLINK family and then creating a netlink event system .

If so could you give me some pointers regarding it .

Thanks for you replies

Thanks ,
K.Vivek